I’m Arjun Khemani, currently a (highly nonconventional) high school student with an insatiable yearning to understand the world. Here I write about a whole bunch of things broadly related to philosophy (but some beyond that), which include (among others) thinking and rationality, human psychology and behavior, perspective, learning, society and intelligent civilization, creativity and anything else that fascinates my sense of wonder and/or on which I can (thoughtfully) rant about.
Two problems I aspire to work on are revolutionizing the traditional education system and making humanity colonize Mars. Both of these speak deeply to the philosophy I embody.
A friend observed a behavior of mine that reveals a deep fact about my reasoning: if someone seems sad to me, I won’t comfort them saying, “It’s okay, you’ll feel better as time passes.” no- I’ll tell them that it doesn’t make sense to be sad. I laughed at the truth of this when my friend told me so.
Some history: I used to be a normal thirteen year-old teenage kid when COVID-19 struck. The whole work-from-home thing, isolation, and having time to think deeply about certain things with some great help from books and access to counter-culture ideas I transitioned to the (still ever changing) person I am today. The pandemic was a blessing in disguise and my current identity is grateful to it (so will all my future ones).
Other stuff about me:
- I’m a writer (isn’t everyone?) (I’m presently writing my first book)
- I’m an insatiable reader (see my Goodreads to track what I’ve been reading)
- I’m a long-distance runner (for fun) (see my Strava—where I track my runs)
- I’m vegan since 6th July, 2020 (for being healthy)
- I’m a self-improvement geek (I like to experiment with better ways of living)
- I learn languages (corrientemente estoy aprendiendo español por mi mismo)
- I’m a space & astronomy enthusiast
- I love philosophy
- I love science
- I love understanding the Universe
- I hate school and the entire outdated system
- And there’s probably a bunch of other stuff about me that didn’t make the cut
PS: I am a future Martian.